Saturday 11 April 2009

Sniff, Sniff, Sneeze.

I'm a very bad blogger. Oh well. Not much has been happening! My asthma's started to get a lot better under control, I even managed to hit 580 on my peak flow in the doctors the other day. I was well happy! I'm saying it's atrovent. It's really managed to get my symptoms under control. I'm not coughing as much, and my ventolin usage has gone way down. I still don't understand why they stopped it in the first place. My old GP's excuse was something a long the lines of "We need to keep atrovent for the COPD patients." Now I was under the impression that if something works, then don't fix it? Oh well, that was that GP's idea. In other news, I had a wonderful trip to out of hours yesterday. It wasn't for asthma thank goodness, I've quite badly pulled a muscle in my leg, and it's bloomin' painful. I was waiting for about two hours. I was quite annoyed that the wee boy beside us was in the middle of going splatt, and they made him wait. He wasn't wheezing too bad, but he did seem quite short of breath. I was quite suprised they didn't send him to A&E, because they did before when he was like that.

I'm off to Manchester on Monday for a certain AUK'ers birthday! I'm going to be up for 2 nights, and I can't wait. We've been planning it for weeks. We've got the present, venue, edibles and people all lined up and sorted! I'm so excited! And then on Wednesday my dad's coming to see me. It's going to be a great week, I haven't seen my dad in 3 months. I really can't wait to give him a huge hug lol.

Anyway, I saw a 7 random facts thing on facebook, and I thought I could do it on here!

1) I've got a very confused patriotism. I've got a british birth cert, but have lived in Ireland for 8 years and have an irish passport. Although I'll always support the irish rugby team!
2) I've been in every continent except S.America and the 2 Artics, something I will change lol.
3) I have 3 wristbands on my wrist, none of which have come off since the day I got them. The oldest one is nearly 2 years old and it's from a charity in Cambodia.
4) I'm a qualified Open Water SCUBA diver. Despite asthma I managed to pass the exam and everything in Thailand in 2007. It was amazing.
5) My bedroom wall is covered in stuff. I've got pictures, boarding cards, rail tickets, school certificates and lanyards all over it.
6) I've met 6 members of AUK, and hopefully will be meeting more at the Asthma UK Youth conference!
7) I love my iPod. I NEVER leave the house without it. It's practically got my life on it. I've got something like 2500 songs on it, half of which I've probably never even listened to. But I still love it to bits!

Laters!

No comments: