Wednesday 28 January 2009

About clare/clarebear

I've had asthma since for as long as I can remember. One of my first memories is of me sitting in my pram and my mum trying to give me my inhaler. I remember going into hosp a few times as a kid with chest infection, exacerbation's and pneumonia. Up until the age of 8 I was only on 2 inhalers and then it all started to get out of hand when I had pneumonia 3 times in 6 months.

From that point the slightest cold set off a severe attack which would land me in hospital for weeks. My medication has escalated over the years. The latest addition being subcut bricanyl. I've been on this around 4 months now and it has helped at night a great deal. I went from needing hourly nebs overnight to being able to sleep for 6 hours! It's not helped much during the day but sleeping that long has not happened in years!

I tried working but had to give up after a few years of constant admissions and reducing mobilty.
I have alot more to add but its bedtime!
ttfn
clare

No comments: