Friday 9 October 2009

Pick yourself up and give yourself a good shake

Recently i have been really down with my asthma and it has been getting to me. I have now decided that the more i am down the worse it will feel. So i have decided to get up give myself a good old shake and get back on with life.
My asthma is totally unhappy and not good at all, i am getting breathless all the time and coughing lots, i am limited by what i can do physically but i am now determind not to let it get me down. I have been ringing my poor resp nurse every day this week. They have increased my medication today and have said there is not a great deal that can be done until the frost comes along and kills the fungal spores so roll on the first frost i am waiting for you. Mean while i cannot stop my life and hide till it comes i have to get on with my life!

I have decided that i am going to spend my time doing the things i enjoy even if i have to do them slowly, so today i went to a coffee shop for my lunch. Later i plan to decorate some candles that i am making for my friends christmas presents. Tomorrow i am planning to go into town to get a few items.

I guess at times when your asthma is controlling you, you have to take hold of it and say no, i am going to controll you! It is hard work and takes lots of determination especially when you know your next attack could land you back in hospital but it must be done. Get out and enjoy your life even with asthma.

No comments: